Christmas HampersApplication to Receive a Christmas Hamper
MAKING CHRISTMAS HAPPEN
The Salvation Army Christmas Hamper program partners with community-based organizations, groups and churches to ensure individuals and families throughout Prince George are supplied with the food needed to prepare a festive Christmas meal and put some gifts under the tree.
Last year over 420 applications for a Christmas Hamper were received. Read the FAQs below to find out if you are eligible and then fill out the application form to apply.
If you are a Prince George resident who wants to help then consider signing up to the Adopt-a-Family program (www.sapg.ca/adopt-a-family-registration). The deadline to register to adopt a family is Dec. 10.
Applications processed Nov 1st to Nov 30th, 2023
Scroll down to fill out our online application
*IMPORTANT - Who is Eligible?
Anyone with an address in the Prince George & Hixon, BC areas.
Adult only households:
Adult only households are eligible for a Christmas Blessing which will include food for a Christmas dinner and a small gift.
Family households with children 17yrs and under:
- Families (with children 17yrs and under) are eligible for either a Christmas Hamper or Adopt a Family Hamper (AAF).
- Christmas Hampers will include a full day of Christmas meals, gifts for each child that you will choose yourself, and a small gift for the adults.
- AAF Hampers will include a full day of Christmas meals and gifts specific to each family member.
- When you fill out the online Christmas application, you will automatically be considered for AAF. Being considered does not guarantee that your application will be selected for sponsorship.
How Do I Apply?
- Apply online using the form below.
- During the application, you will be asked to sign up for an appointment and you will need to bring ID for everyone, proof of income and rent/mortgage expenses to this meeting.
Registration for 2022 Christmas Hampers is now closed. For more information email: email@example.com or phone: 250-564-4000 ext 7