RECYCLING DEPOTDonate your household items
Recycle or Repurpose
Another part of our community is to do our part in helping our environment. Recycling has become a priority for us. With that being said we do a variety of recycling. First we utilize what we can through repurposing what we can within our Thrift Stores and community needs. Then if that is not a valid option we can offer to recycle many, but not all items. We offer recycling of Textiles, shoes, clothing accessories and electronics.
Items We Can Recycle:
(Please sort and identify by category)
Textiles: Clothing, Linens, Sheets, Hats, Scarves, Blankets, Pillows, towels, cloths, etc. (No scraps, or shredded material.) These can be torn, ripped, stained, or worn out – but must be clean.
Shoes: Boots (no winter felt pack types, ski or Boarding), Shoes, Sandals (no Flip-Flops), Runners, etc. (No slippers or skates). These do not need to be wearable. If possible, please have shoes paired, tied together with an elastic band. This saves us a lot of time digging through the bag/box and pairing them up!
Accessories: Purses, Bags (not luggage), Back Packs, Belts.
Electronics: If it has a cord or a battery (and does not contain refrigerant), we take it! Including old and burnt out light bulbs. Please mark broken electronics, so we know to send them away for recycling.
Sorting and organizing your recycling is of utmost value to us in our processing duties. See list below.
- Good Resalable Clothing
- Clothing to recycle (please bag separately and tag it for recycling)
- Household Items
- Resalable Furniture ( except particle board)
- Resalable Electronics
- Recyclable Electronics (ex. any broken or damaged household
- electronic that do not contain coolant)
- Burnt out Light Bulbs
- Recyclable metal
- Toys and Sports
- Recyclable Light fixtures
Items we do not accept
- Dirty or Torn Furniture
- No Particle Board Furniture or Entertainment Centres
- No Large Computer Desks
- Home Renovation products, sinks, flooring, trim
- Encyclopedia’s, books
- Large Kid Toys
- Baby Furniture
- Brief Cases
- Flip-Flops, slippers, odd shoes
- Stuffed Toys (No stuffed toys as per health regulations)
- Small scrap material
- Any appliance that uses a refrigerant (Air conditioners, water coolers, fridges, freezers, etc.)
Recycling Depot Hours: Monday to Saturday
Located at our 18th Avenue location
9:30am to 4:30pm (closed all holidays)