Adopt a FamilyHow it Works - Registration
Hope During Christmas
For many families, Christmas can be stressful. We want to TEAM UP WITH THE COMMUNITY to BRING HOPE and help families to provide a Christmas for their children.
Last year, our Adopt a Family program fed 180 families. However, the need continues to grow, and through our Adopt a Family Program, you can bring smiles to families during the holiday season.
The Salvation Army’s Adopt a Family Program provides essential support to families during the Christmas season such as food hampers so families can enjoy a nutritious meal and new toys, so children wake up Christmas morning elated that Santa dropped by.
You can register for this program online. Just scroll down to the registration form below and fill in your details.
What is the responsibility of a Sponsor?
Sponsors must provide the following for their matched family:
- Food for the day or gift cards for food (no fridge/freezer food)
- One gift card for meat
- At least Three (3) gifts per child: one (1) large and two (2) smaller gifts.
- At least One (1) small gift per adult.
- Anything extra that you would like to put in the hamper.
How much will Sponsoring a family cost?
Food OR gift cards for food:
- Small (2 people) — $160ish
- Must include a meat gift card for $35
- Medium (3 to 5 people) — $210ish
- Must include a meat gift card for $40
- Large (6+ people) — $230ish
- Must include a meat gift card for $45
Gifts for each child (total $150-$200ish)
- One Large gift — $50-$75ish
- Two small gifts — $25-$50ish
- Gift for an adult — $25ish
I want to be a Sponsor! What do I do now?
- You will need to complete the Registration Form below.
- Once submitted, you will be contacted by email and will be provided with a “Matched Family” which will include the ages, genders, and gift wish list for the family.
Drop off dates:
- Sunday, Dec 18th from 1pm to 3pm OR
- Monday, Dec 19th from 8am to 1230pm
Drop off location:
777 Ospika Blvd
We will do our best to honour the dates by which you need your match(es). By Dec 9, every registration received prior to that time will have received their match(es).
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 250-564-4000 ext 7
Registration for this program is OPEN NOW. The form below will work in most modern browsers. Let us know if you have any issues.